After having a rough past couple of months, pop star Aaron Carter sought help at a rehab facility, but he left earlier this month after only a few weeks of treatment in order to take care of some legal issues. Now, he has checked back into a rehab facility and the 29-year-old's rep Steve Honig explained the reason why Aaron had to take a brief break from the program
"Several legal and personal matters arose that required his immediate in-person attention," Steve said in a statement released on Oct. 6, obtained by E! News. But now, it seems like everything is squared away and Aaron can now focus on his health.
"Aaron has taken care of the legal and financial matters that required his attention and returned to the wellness facility to complete his program,” Steve revealed in a statement on Saturday, Oct.14, obtained by People. Aaron re-entered the facility later that evening.
Even though Aaron was only in treatment for about two weeks before he left to take care of his personal and legal issues, it seemed like he was already reaping the benefits from the program. Last week, the "I Want Candy" singer took to Instagram to share a now-deleted before-and-after photo of himself, showing off an impressive 30-pound weight gain. Watch the video below to see Aaron's now-deleted Instagram post.
Before the pop star — who is the younger brother of Backstreet Boys singer Nick Carter — first entered rehab last month, his rep revealed the reason why he decided to seek treatment in the first place.
"Aaron has decided to enter a facility to improve his health and work on his overall wellness. He is going to do this privately and focus all his attention on being the best person and performer possible," the statement read, obtained E! News. "[Aaron] is grateful for the support and love from his fans and looks forward to coming back stronger than ever before."
It's been a rough year for the child star, which began with many revelations about the struggles Aaron has been dealing with since becoming famous at such a young age. Recently, he defended himself against body shamers for claiming he was "too skinny" and he was also hospitalized for an eating disorder. He previously opened up about the condition he was diagnosed with when he was 19 years old, hiatal hernia, in which the stomach pushes through the diaphragm muscle.
Then in September, authorities were called to Aaron's home in Florida for a "wellness check" in response to a tip that claimed Aaron was a suicide threat and he appeared to be under the influence. The St. Petersburg Police Department revealed that "everything was fine," according to TMZ.
Aaron's 2017 mug shot. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Aaron has a long-running history of addiction in his family and has had multiple run-ins with the law. Back in July, Aaron was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence and possession of marijuana. Shortly after the arrest, Aaron took to Twitter to announce that he's bisexual. Days later, the "Aaron's Party (Come Get It)" singer revealed he split with his girlfriend Madison Parker over the revelation.
"I had discussed it with my ex-girlfriend, and she didn't really understand it," Aaron revealed on The Bert Show. "She didn't want [to]. And that was it. So we left it mutual and parted ways."
(Photo Credit: Getty Images)
After the break-up, Aaron experienced a slew of unfortunate events. After wrecking his car in August, he revealed on an episode of The Doctors that he was indulging in a dangerous mixture of benzodiazepines with opiates.
As recently as July, Aaron has refuted any allegations that he is relapsing. "I am not a meth head," he told ET. "I have never touched it in my life. How would you feel every two seconds, seeing a tweet, 'You have AIDS. Go die. Oh, look at this meth head. Oh, meth kills. Crack kills,'" he said. "It's body shaming and it’s the toughest thing to deal with."