Wow. We still can’t get over last night’s Gossip Girl series finale. After six seasons, our beloved Upper East Side crew said goodbye — and they definitely went out with a bang.
Each moment was more shocking than the next and it’s strange to say we’ll never be able to catch up with Serena, Blair, Dan, Chuck and Nate again.
But The CW series’ end definitely surprised us in more ways than one. Check out our top five shocking moments below — and stop reading now if you don’t want to be spoiled!
1) Guess Who’s Gossip Girl?Dun dun dun — it’s Penn Badgley’s character Dan Humphrey! “Lonely Boy” comes clean about revealing everyone's darkest secrets right from the get go. But does the gang forgive him? Lo and behold — they do! Were you surprised when that happened? Who did you think it was?
2) Chuck & Blair’s Breathtaking WeddingOnly Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick) and Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester) could manage to throw together an amazing, high-styled wedding in Central Park in minutes…literally! At the very end, the show flash forwards five years…and guess what? The duo have a mini Chuck Bass of their own! Hand us the Kleenex, please!
NEWS: Gossip Girl finale: Our top 10 favorite moments from the series
3) Lonely Boy Gets His Dream GirlSure, he may have shared some of Serena van der Woodsen’s (Blake Lively) juiciest secrets, but that didn’t seem to ruin their relationship! In the flash forward, Dan and Serena make it official and marry in a sweet ceremony. And can we discuss that dress? Was it not one of the most stunning gowns you’ve ever seen?
4) The Humphrey’s Team UpDan didn’t keep his Gossip Girl secret all to himself — his sister, Jenny Humphrey (Taylor Momsen), knew all along it was him. And they even worked together. Jenny sent in tips about herself — including the one where she lost her virginity to Chuck, which resulted in Blair making her leave the city! Ah, that Jenny…so sneaky.
GALLERY: The Gossip Girl stars say goodbye
5) Lily & Rufus No MoreIn the end, Lily van der Woodsen (Kelly Rutherford) and Rufus Humphrey (Matthew Settle) just couldn’t make their love work. At the very end of the show, they flash forward five years and Lily has reconciled with her daughter Serena’s dad. Turns out, William van der Woodsen (William Baldwin) was simply using his ex-girlfriend Ivy to get closer to Lily!
But one of the coolest parts of the night? When Kristen Bell (who’s done the Gossip Girl voiceover from the very beginning of the series) cameos! She played herself auditioning for the part of Serena in a TV version of Dan’s stories. And who tried out for the role of Blair? Ms. Rachel Bilson!
So what were your favorite moments from the night? Are you sad to see the series go? Weigh in by leaving comments below!
TAKE OUR POLL: What did you think of the Gossip Girl series finale?
Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!