Another health scare for Kardashian ex Lamar Odom. A video of the basketball player collapsing in a VIP booth at an LA nightclub in the early morning hours of Sunday, Nov. 5, was released by TMZ. But according to a spokesperson for the former reality star, he is recovering from the scary incident and “doing well.”
A rep for Lamar, 38, told E! News that the fall had nothing to do with drugs. "He was dehydrated and had been in an intense workout earlier in the day,” the rep said. “It was also very hot in the club." TMZ reported that the incident went down around 2 a.m. at Bootsy Bellows on the Sunset Strip. Staff members and partygoers helped Lam out, and from the looks of the video, he seemed to be conscious.
Though Lamar seems to be handling the health scare well, considering his history with health issues and substance abuse, fans are especially worried. Over two years ago, Lamar was found unconscious at a brothel in Las Vegas. At the time, E! News reported that “virtually every drug imaginable was found in his system” and it was being treated as an “overdose.”
Since the ordeal, Lamar has been open about his struggles and even wrote an article for The Players’ Tribune detailing his recovery. “When I woke up in the hospital room in Nevada [in October 2015], I couldn’t move. I couldn’t talk,” he said in the article that was published in July of this year. “I was trapped inside my own body. My throat hurt like hell. I looked down and I had all these tubes coming out of my mouth. So I panicked.”
He went on to describe how deep his addiction had gotten and that he “was doing coke every day. Pretty much every second of free time that I had, I was doing coke. I couldn’t control it. I didn’t want to control it.” Our thoughts are with Lamar and his family as he continues to recover from this scary incident.