In what seems to be a tragic case of history repeating itself, new reports have suggested that the recent death of Peaches Geldof was the result of a heroin overdose.
The 25-year-old mother-of-two was discovered on April 7 at her family home in Kent, England. Police reports pronounced her death 'non-suspicious.' Now, however, UK newspaper The Times has reported it expects her death to be confirmed as a heroin overdose later today.
The paper also reports police discovered no evidence of drug paraphernalia in the house, suggesting the house may have been searched and items removed before their arrival.
If this is accurate, the sad incident seems a horrible echo of her mother Paula Yates' death in 2000, aged 41, after an accidental overdose.
Peaches, daughter of Sir Bob Geldof, was notoriously wild during her teenage years, and was questioned by police in 2008 after being seen offering money to a drug dealer.
Her unexpected death seems all the more tragic as, according to friends, she seemed more settled than ever after her marriage to musician Thomas Cohen and the birth of her two sons Astala and Phaedra.
Eleven-month-old Phaedra was said to be in the house with his mother at the time of her death.
The inquest will be opened later today, and the results of toxicology tests are believed to have been returned to the Coroner.
Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!