It’s been six months since Cory Monteith tragically passed away from a drug and alcohol overdose.
Since his death, his former Glee co-star and girlfriend, Lea Michele, has taken every opportunity to sing his praises in interviews.
Covering the latest issue of Teen Vogue, the 27-year-old beauty explains how the unexpected loss made her the strong person she is today.
Here arenine quotes since Cory’s death that highlight their unbreakable bond:
1) “I somehow feel the insane love Cory and I had for each other morphed into this strength that I have right now,” she tells Teen Vogue.
“There’s just something about knowing he’s watching everything I’m doing and feeling like I have to do everything now not just for me, but for him.”
“He would give me all his notes and I took every one into consideration.”
3) “…I literally lived every day of my life feeling like the luckiest girl in the whole world,” she said on The Ellen DeGeneres Show last month.
“I just thought he was the greatest man.”
4) “It makes me so happy, this song,” she told the December issue of ELLE about the track “You’re Song,” a song off her upcoming album, Louder, that reminds her of the 31-year-old actor.
“It makes me think so much of Cory. It was ours. When I think of him, I play this.”
5) “I feel like, for me personally, I’ve lost two people: Cory and Finn,” she told TV Week Australia in October.
“I really woke up every single day feeling like I was being in some sort of spell or something, that I was lucky enough to have him in my life…
“There was no greater man than Cory, so for the time we spent together I consider myself very lucky.”
6) “For all of you out there who loved and admired Cory as much as I did, I promise that with your love we’re going to get through this together,” she said during her acceptance speech at the Teen Choice Awards in August.
“He was very special to me and also to the world. We were very lucky to witness his incredible talent, his handsome smile, and his beautiful, beautiful heart.”
Thank you all for helping me through this time with your enormous love & support. Cory will forever be in my heart. pic.twitter.com/XVlZnh9vOc— Lea Michele (@msleamichele) July 29, 2013
7) Lea broke her silence on Twitter two weeks after his passing.
8) She called him “the best person I know,” in an interview with Marie Claire Mexico right before the tragedy.
“…It is important to have someone that supports you and encourage you, someone that makes you feel that you are unstoppable, that you can do anything in the world because you have him.”
9) “I really think finding someone that you are best friends with is the secret,” she gushed to Life & Style last year.
“I’m dating my celebrity crush!”