There's major trouble in paradise.
Filming for Season 4 of ABC's Bachelor in Paradise came to an abrupt halt on Sunday, June 11, after two cast members — Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson — were allegedly involved in "misconduct" on the set.
Corinne's boyfriend, Jordan Gielchinsky, addressed the drama in a statement to E! News on Wednesday, June 21. According to Jordan, he is still very much Team Corn.
"I have known Corinne for over 10 years and as a friend or boyfriend, she will continue to receive my unwavering loyalty and support until I decide that there is a legitimate reason not to give it," he told the outlet. "Anything the public may perceive that is coming from me is pure speculation. There is an ongoing inquiry that must follow a course to its conclusion before I can fully comment."
He added, "I pay very little attention to the media and try to ignore all the conjecture surrounding my relationship with Corinne. The only two people who know the true disposition of our relationship is Corinne and I."
Keep reading below to hear everything we know so far about the Bachelor in Paradise 2017 scandal.
Reality Steve posted the first clue.
The blogger — who has been covering The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, and Bachelor in Paradise for years — shared an Instagram post showing most of the cast members from this season posing for a photo with fans at the airport in Puerto Vallarta, which is near the resort in Sayulita, Mexico, where previous seasons have been filmed.
Here's most of the cast at the airport an hour ago. Being told they're being flown to Houston. Still don't know what's going on pic.twitter.com/eNgGp0tyZ1— RealitySteve (@RealitySteve) June 11, 2017
He later revealed that contestants Corinne from Nick Viall's season and DeMario from Rachel Lindsay's season were at the center of the scandal that shut down production.
A producer halted filming following a sexual encounter between Corinne and DeMario.
According to LA Times reporter Amy Kaufman, a source revealed that the producer filed a complaint and sued Warner Bros. over "misconduct" on set.
According to my source, this producer went on to sue the production for misconduct over what she witnessed between DeMario and Corinne.— Amy Kaufman (@AmyKinLA) June 11, 2017
The network speaks out.
When rumors first started flying, Warner Bros. finally addressed the situation in a statement obtained by The Hollywood Reporter.
"We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico," the statement read. "We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.”
Details about Corinne and DeMario's interaction are revealed.
According to multiple reports, the cast and crew arrived in Mexico on Saturday, June 3, and the incident between Corinne and DeMario took place on Sunday, June 4 — which was the first day of filming. TMZ has an account of what happened, as told by DeMario.
One of the storylines this season allegedly involved the 30-year-old hooking up with Corinne. They met at the bar and started drinking, then Corinne took things to the next level when she jumped in his lap and they started making out. "Intense rubbing" was involved.
But things got steamier after they moved from the bar to the pool. DeMario and Corinne allegedly took their clothes off and resumed "rubbing, touching, and fingering." DeMario then reportedly engaged in oral sex with Corinne — all while the cameras were rolling.
There is a question of whether their hookup was consensual.
One contestant who witnessed the hookup — and who would like to remain anonymous — revealed to People magazine that Corinne was allegedly so drunk that she might not have been able to consent to what was going on in the pool.
“People are pissed, and not just at DeMario. We’re pissed that this whole thing happened,” the contestant said. “They could have seen that she was drinking too much and that he was taking advantage. They could have stopped this before it got this far. But they decided to let it go, and let it happen, and see what happened? So, I’m angry at the show, and everyone else is too.”
Corinne claims she did not consent to sexual activity.
The 24-year-old said that she was in a "blackout state" and could not have consented to the sexual encounter with DeMario, TMZ reported. She added that she did not remember anything from that day of filming, and fellow cast members had to fill her in.
(Photo Credit: Getty Images)
She remembers very little from that night, but sources revealed to E! News that the last thing she remembers is taking a shot of tequila.
The insider said that Corinne had a light breakfast and drank two cups of champagne on the hour-long limo ride to the BiP set, and she also had a dirty martini and at least two shots of tequila while on set.
The day after she blacked out, she relied on her cast mates to tell her what happened the night before, and they said she was so drunk she could barely stand and she has bruises on her on her legs from taking a nasty fall.
Corinne reportedly doesn't blame DeMario because he was also drunk, but she does blame producers for allowing the situation to get out of control and has already hired a lawyer.
Chris Harrison finally breaks his silence.
The longtime host initially kept quiet after news of the scandal broke, but decided to speak out after he saw a lot of "misinformation" about the incident floating around. He urged Bachelor Nation to be patient amid the ongoing investigation.
“By now, no doubt, you have heard that we have suspended production on this season’s Bachelor in Paradise," he said in a statement obtained by The Hollywood Reporter. "I can confirm to you that this is sadly the case. Out of respect to all involved, there’s only so much I can and will say at this time. Normally with a situation like this, I would not say anything until the incident is fully resolved, but with all the rumors and misinformation being put out there, I don’t find that to be possible anymore."
He continued, "Let me start by saying the safety and care of the cast and crew of our show is of the utmost importance to us. It is with this thought in mind that we made the decision to suspend filming. An investigation into the situation was started immediately. Warner Bros. is handling the details of that investigation. They're moving quickly to gather all the facts, and once that's done a clear concise decision can be made about where we go from here."
"There are a lot of competing details in the various press accounts of the incident. And there’s a lot of misinformation out there, too. We urge everyone to be patient until the investigation is complete," Chris explained. "I know in this day and age we want and even expect immediate answers, but in this case, it's just not possible. So again I urge you to please be patient and respect the privacy of the parties involved. I will keep you as informed and up-to-date as I possibly can. We’re sorry for any inconvenience and disappointment this may have caused the cast, the crew, and our loyal fans. It is my sincere hope that we can come to a quick resolution on this and get back to work very soon."
(Photo Credit: Getty Images)
DeMario speaks out.
He was spotted by Entertainment Tonight cameras while leaving a Starbucks in LA earlier this week, but said he had "no comment" before adding, "I have nothing to say. You know, Corinne's an awesome girl and that's all I have to say. Love you all, thank you for the support."
He later released an official statement to People magazine: “It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.”
And in an interview with Inside Edition, DeMario reveals that he lost his job as an executive recruiter:
DeMario feels that footage from their hookup will exonerate him.
Sources revealed to TMZ that DeMario wants ABC to release the tapes of his encounter with Corinne so that he will be cleared of any wrongdoing. He also wants to make it clear that he is not the subject of the Warner Bros. investigation.
Corinne breaks her silence.
Three days after production halted on Bachelor in Paradise, the blonde beauty finally spoke out.
"I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4," a statement obtained by TMZ reads. "Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production."
She continued, "As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening."
A second producer allegedly files a complaint.
A source tells E! News that another member of the production team behind BiP has stepped forward to file a complaint about what happened between Corinne and DeMario during filming.
Former BiP star Evan Bass speaks out.
Evan, who was introduced to Bachelor Nation on JoJo Fletcher's season of The Bachelorette, penned an open letter to the show's producers that was published by The Hollywood Reporter. He met, fell in love with, and got engaged to former Bachelor star Carly Waddell on Season 3 of the series and he begged them to reconsider the cancellation.
Evan Bass proposed to Carly Waddell on the Season 3 finale of BiP. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
"When the news about Paradise production broke the internet, it also broke my heart," he wrote. "While to some it’s a silly TV show, for me, it was an experience that changed my life in unimaginable ways. I am troubled thinking about the allegations happening on my favorite beach, and I’m sad that some couples will not have the opportunity to find love in a powerful and unique way."
Warner Bros. concludes their investigation.
Less than two weeks after the scandal broke, Warner Bros. reviewed the tapes and came to the conclusion that what happened between Corinne and DeMario was not sexual assault, TMZ. Multiple sources who watched the footage say that Corinne was "fully engaged" and "lucid" during their hookup.
ABC confirms that filming will resume.
“We appreciate the swift and complete investigation by Warner Bros. into allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise," a network spokesperson revealed in a statement obtained by Life & Style. "Given their results, the series will resume production, and will air this summer on ABC.”
Show creator Mike Fleiss speaks out.
He didn't make any comments in the days following the BiP scandal — but now that ABC confirmed that the show will go on, he broke his silence.
See you on the beach!!!— Mike Fleiss (@fleissmeister) June 20, 2017
Nick Viall seemingly shades Corinne following BiP investigation.
The former Bachelor seemingly threw shade at Corinne after it was announced the reality dating competition would resume filming — and his followers were quick to call him out.
"Thinking I might be able to watch Paradise after all," he cryptically captioned a photo of himself, sparking rumors he was no longer Team Corn.
"Omg savage," one fan wrote before another added, "You really dodged a bullet with that Corinne chick!" Others just assumed he was just happy the show was returning.
Check back for more updates regarding the Bachelor in Paradise scandal.