She never goes out of style! Taylor Swift rocked the 2019 American Music Awards red carpet on Sunday, November 24, in Los Angeles. The 29-year-old pop star wore a metallic green gown with tight over the knee boots. The blonde beauty chose a multicolored blazer dress at the 2019 MTV VMAs in August, but this time, she decided to go with a sparkly number.
The “Shake It Off” crooner is nominated in several categories including Artist of the Year, Favorite Music Video, Favorite Female Artist, Favorite Album and Favorite Artist. Additionally, Taylor will be receiving the Artist of the Decade Award from the legendary Carole King. Carole, 77, said she is “thrilled” about this opportunity to honor the Grammy winner. “She is an extraordinary songwriter who has cultivated unique and personal relationship with her audience,” she said in a statement. “As a woman songwriter who also got into the music world at a young age, I know the kind of determination, struggle and single-minded perseverance it has taken for her to reach such heights.”
Meanwhile, Taylor has been dealing with some drama the past week and revealed she may not be able to perform certain bops during the awards show. “Guys, it’s been announced recently that the American Music Awards will be honoring me with the Artist of the Decade Awards at this year’s ceremony,” she wrote on Twitter on November 14. “I’ve been planning to perform a medley of my hits throughout the decade on the show. Scott Borchetta and Scooter Braun have now said that I’m not allowed to perform my old songs on television because they claim that would be re-recording my music before I’m allowed to next year.”
She continued, “Scooter also manages several artists who I really believe care about other artists and their work. Please ask them for help with this — I’m hoping that maybe they can talk some sense into the men who are exercising tyrannical control over someone who just wants to play the music she wrote.”
Luckily, Big Machine released a statement allowing the Pennsylvania native to sing her old tunes just in time for the event, but they denied Taylor’s accusations. “Taylor, the narrative you have created does not exist,” the statement read. “To date, not one of the invitations to speak with us and work through this has been accepted. Rumors fester in the absence of communication … We share the collective goal of giving your fans the entertainment they both want and deserve.”
But Scooter revealed he was worried about his family after Taylor spoke out about him last week. “Since your public statement last week there have been numerous death threats directed at my family,” he wrote on Instagram on Friday, November 22. “This morning I spoke out publicly for the first time saying I wouldn’t participate in a social media war. However, I came home tonight to find my wife had received a phone call threatening the safety of our children as well as other threats seen above. I won’t go into the details of this past week. I have been at a loss. Thinking of my wife and children, my team and their families, I have gone through a range of emotion on how to deal with this. I write this now only after a deep breath and much reflection. I am certain there is no situation ever worth jeopardizing anyone’s safety.”
Ultimately, the New York native wants move on from this ordeal. “Moving forward I would like to find a resolution,” he shared. “I will make myself available whenever works for you. Many have told me that a meeting will never happen as this is not about truth or resolution but instead a narrative for you. I am hopeful that is not the case. I’m right here, ready to speak directly and respectfully. But if you would prefer to make large public statements while refusing to work towards resolving things amicably, then I just pray that nobody gets seriously hurt in the process. I continue to wish you the best and hope we can resolve this.”
We can’t wait to see what Taylor has in store for us tonight!