Say it ain't so! Aaron Carter's fans know that he's been open about a bunch of issues he's facing as of late — and now, he has decided to remove himself from social media for the time being. The singer shared the sad news with fans on Twitter on Monday morning with a message that read, "Be safe my loves. I'm sorry but I can't do this Twitter social media stuff right now. I'll check in with you in a few months."
Aaron also shared a heartfelt message with his fans via Instagram, while his rep exclusively told Life & Style, "As most people in the public eye know, social media comments can sometimes be hurtful. Every so often, Aaron finds it helpful to take a brief pause from social media to let everyone collect their thoughts and remember what is important in life." We certainly hope he knows his fans are with him during this difficult time!
The "I Want Candy" crooner was hospitalized earlier this summer after a fan body-shamed him, and at the time he revealed that he's been diagnosed in the past with a hiatal hernia — which WebMD said is when "the stomach bulges up into the chest through that opening." More recently, Aaron — the younger brother of Backstreet Boy Nick Carter — came out as bisexual in an open letter to his fans.
“There’s something I’d like to say that I feel is important for myself and my identity that has been weighing on my chest for nearly half of my life,” he wrote on Instagram at the time. “This doesn’t bring me shame, just a weight and a burden I have held on to for a long time that I would like lifted off of me. I grew up in this entertainment industry at a very young age and when I was around 13 years old I started to find boys and girls attractive."
Feel better soon, Aaron! Your fans are already waiting for your social media return.