It has been a very scary few days for Bethenny Frankel. The Real Housewives of New York vet has been out of commission since Sunday, Dec. 16 because of an allergic reaction to fish. The reality star took to Twitter to share what had happened with fans and said that the entire ordeal could have been fatal.

“I have a rare fish allergy,” Bethenny explained at the beginning of her post. She continued the story by saying that she had soup, started itching, and was then “unconscious” for 15 minutes. She was rushed to the emergency room at Newton-Wellesley Hospital in Massachusetts where she was later transferred to the intensive care unit.

The harrowing journey continued for two days while her blood pressure was dangerously low, according to Bethenny’s tweet. She said she felt like she was “dying” because she was unable to “talk” or “see” and thought she had suffered a stroke. Bethenny credited 911 and an EpiPen, an injection used to counteract the effects of an allergic reaction, for saving her life. Even scarier, the star revealed that doctors told her if the EpiPen injection would have been administered five minutes later, she would “be dead.”

“I’ll never not carry an #epipen,” Bethenny ended her horrific story by saying. What a frightening experience. The star is definitely feeling grateful for the medical professionals that have been helping her through this. In a later tweet, she said, “That is the best hospital I have ever been to and I am so grateful.”

Bethenny Frankel allergic reaction
Getty Images

After personally experiencing the importance of an EpiPen, a fan suggested Bethenny should donate a few to schools since the retail cost of them can be between “$300 and $600.” The reality star declared she was “all over this” and is very interested in giving back. “I’ve heard about it and this will be a mission of mine,” she promised.

We’re so glad you’re OK, Bethenny!

Can’t get enough celebrity content? Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for fun, exclusive videos with your favorite stars!