With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, there’s only one real way to celebrate — and that’s with a classic How I Met Your Mother binge watch. Sure, we could just borrow Marshall and Lily’s tradition of watching Predator, but, uh, that might be more of a them move. And though Barney might be more excited for his favorite day of the year, his so-called “Desperation Day” which falls the day before Valentine’s Day, we’re kind of more like Ted — aka total romantics.
And since this series is pretty much all about romance, we figured there was no better show to inspire some V-Day cards to share with our friends. And, who knows, maybe we’ll meet someone with a yellow umbrella we can share a valentine with, too? Want to show someone in your life who is a fan of the show a little love? Check out our HIMYM inspired Valentine’s Day cards below, and then send them to the Marshall to your Lily.
1. I’d steal a blue french horn for you any day.
Because that’s the truest sign of love.
2. I love you more than Barney loves to suit up.
And, well, that’s a whole heck of a lot.
3. I want to kiss you more than drunk Lily wants to kiss Robin.
We all know what Lily’s like when she gets a few martinis in her.
4. You make me want to burn the rest of my playbook.
Who needs a playbook when I’ve got you?
5. I love you more than Marshall loves winning a slap bet.
Spending time with you is better than any slap.
6. P.S. I love you more than Robin Daggers loves Paul Shaffer.
I’d go full dark without your love.
7. You mean more to me than sparkles do to Robin.
And she even named herself after them!
8. Are you an umbrella? Because I’d like to say yellow!
I love hue, Valentine.