What’s better than watching Jane the Virgin on a Friday night? Watching Jane the Virgin on a Friday night while playing a drinking game, obv!
ICYMI, the (seriously addicting) series revolves around Jane Villanueva, a 23-year-old college student who is saving herself for marriage but accidentally gets artificially inseminated. I know, right?! Oh, and the guy whose sperm she gets injected with happens to be the owner of the Marbella, a hotel where she works as a waitress. Not to mention, her gynecologist is his sister. Meanwhile, there’s a killer on the loose who keeps targeting the Marbella, and Jane’s long-term boyfriend is a cop who’s trying to solve the mystery.
Woah — it sounds straight out of a telenovela, right?! Well, it’s supposed to. The show is loosely based on Venezuelan show Juana la Virgen, but they adapted it into a satirical dramedy that pokes fun at telenovelas.
Season 4 airs new episodes every week at 9 p.m., which is the perfect time to pop open a little something-something to enhance your viewing experience. Because, TBH, everything’s more fun when you’re tipsy! Just remember to please drink responsibly — we don’t want you to end up like 21st Birthday Jane.
Take one sip when…
- The narrator laughs at his own joke
- Jane has a flashback
- Alba gives Jane advice
- Alba gives Xiomara advice
- Jane calls Mateo “Mr. Sweet Face”
- There’s a scene of Rogelio filming his latest telenovela
- Jane has a fantasy that she’s in a telenovela
- Rafael is in his office
- You change which couple you’re rooting for
- There’s a famous guest star on the show
Take one shot when…
- There’s sister drama
- Rogelio gets in trouble on Twitter
- There’s a plot twist
- Jane has an idea for her novel
- Rose has a new face
- Jane cries
- Mateo cries (or screams, let’s be honest)
- Luisa drinks
- Petra is getting into trouble
- Something Jane writes gets published
Finish your drink when…
- Jane has sex!!!
Jane the Virgin airs Fridays at 9 p.m. EST on CW.