Foraging for natural food is a big element of survival in The Hunger Games. Luckily, in real life, hunger games don't exist!
Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence prepared for her role as Katniss Everdeen by eating foods for body sculpting and fuel. Celebrity nutritionist Christine Avanti, author of Skinny Chicks Eat Real Food, offers favorite tips that can help you look good--without having to fight to the death. For anyone wanting to look like Katniss, here's what you need to know:
1. Eat a diet of real food. The trick to this is balancing micronutrients.
2. Reorganize! Clean out your pantry and ditch all processed foods that have more than five ingredients you can't pronounce.
3. Shop right. Shop for food at local farmers' markets--such as freshly baked bread from a local baker, organically grown and seasonal fruits and vegetables, dairy products from your local dairy, or eggs from a local ranch.
4. Switch up your exercise program. Try an interval workout at least three times a week.
5. Drink a detox tea. (You can check out Christine's recipe here!)
6. For breakfast and snacks, stick to healthy smoothies.
7. When it's time for lunch and dinner, try a meal like Christine's turkey and rice soup. It's low in calories but also filling. Adobo chilis and cayenne pepper heat up the body and help speed the metabolism up a little. And with Thanksgiving coming up, you'll need something to do with that leftover turkey!
Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!