This is his final word. Meghan Markle‘s estranged father Thomas Markle has been very chatty in the press recently, and he’s been telling his side of the story about his strained relationship with his daughter, his absence from the royal wedding, and how the royal family has allegedly “cut-off” all communication from Thomas. Now, in an interview with the Mail on Sunday, Thomas is opening up about his staged paparazzi photos in what he said will be his last interview.
Thomas said that he did have some conversations with his daughter and his son-in-law when their relationship was fairly new. Harry even gave Thomas advice about what to do once his relationship with Meghan went public.
“Harry told me that I should never go to the press,” Thomas told the Daily Mail. “That it would end in tears. He said, ‘They will eat you alive.’ He was right.”
But Thomas did not heed Harry’s advice, and as he previously admitted, he staged paparazzi photos at an internet cafe where he seemed to read up on the press surrounding his daughter’s royal wedding just days before she was set to walk down the aisle.
Shortly after the photos were leaked, Thomas suffered a heart attack and was not able to travel to England to attend the wedding. Harry allegedly called Thomas while he was still in the hospital to ask if he really had worked with the press to stage those photos.
“‘If you had listened to me this would never have happened,'” Prince Harry allegedly told Thomas.
Thomas said that he told Harry, ‘Maybe it would be better for you guys if I was dead… then you could pretend to be sad,’ before he hung up on Harry.
But despite all of the fallout that’s happened since Thomas’ scandal, he said that he doesn’t harbor any bad feelings towards his daughter and his son-in-law. “I’m not mad at Harry. I’m not mad at Meghan. I love them,” Thomas said. “I wish them well. But as for the rest of it, f–k it. I’m done.”