A Texas mother is going viral after a Bath & Body Works candle landed her in the hospital with severe burns on her face. The tragedy was caught on-camera thanks to 29-year-old Ashley Brawley's Nest security system. And when husband Cody posted about the incident on Facebook, people everywhere quickly took notice.

The original video of the ordeal, in which you can see Ashley trying to blow out the candle, has garnered nearly two million views. And in addition to the horrifying clip, Ashley’s husband shared an update on her status. In one photo, she can be seen in a hospital bed with her face bandaged.

MORE: Woman Who Once Weighed 80 Pounds Opens Up About Her Battle With Anorexia in Powerful Video

Posted by Cody Brawley on Sunday, July 23, 2017

“Ashley Brawley is in the Emergency room,” he wrote in the post. “She had a candle from Bath and Body works going. It had three wicks and was a vanilla candle. From checking the camera it was burning for 3hrs and 20min. She smelled something burning.” On Facebook, Cody explained that when his wife tried to extinguish the flame, her face was badly burned.

MORE: Boy Born Without a Nose Dies at the Age of 2 After Inspiring Millions

“The candle had a 6 inch flame and Ashley tried blowing the candle out and that didn't work,” he wrote. “The candle made a huge flame from just trying to blow it out. The flame engulfed her face and hot wax splashed all over her face. It burnt her face and hair. She has 1st and 2nd degree burns. She's doing okay but wanted to post for anyone that has them or wondering how she was doing.”

Ashley Brawley is in the Emergency room. She had a candle from Bath and Body works going. It had three wicks and was a…

Posted by Cody Brawley on Sunday, July 23, 2017

In an interview with Cosmopolitan about a week after the Facebook post went viral, Ashley recalled the pain of the flames hitting her face. “A fire ball shot back up in my face,” she told the mag. “It hurt really bad."

She revealed that when she got a look at her face, she saw it had turned reddish-purple and her lips were white. The candle left her with second-degree burns. "I was super, super raw for a couple of days, and my face is still splotchy red in some areas,” she said. “But now my skin is starting to grow over.” According to the interview, Ashley is unsure as to whether the scarring will be permanent. Bath & Body Works has covered her medical bills and given the family a $25 gift card.