It looks like Chris Soules will have to go to trial to try to prove his innocence. Last April, the 35-year-old former Bachelor was charged with leaving the scene of an accident after he hit a tractor with his truck on April 24, 2017, which resulted in the death of 66-year-old Kenneth Mosher. Last month, Chris claims that he had diminished capacity due to an existing medical condition because of injuries sustained and he tried to have his case thrown out, but a judge had denied his request.

Judge Andrea Dryer denied to dismiss the case in a court hearing on Friday, January 5, according to E! News. The trial was set to take place on January 18, but now that both parties have agreed to move forward in the case, a new date will be announced at a later time.

In his original filing, Chris claimed that there was some sort of mistake of law or fact, according to court docs obtained by The Gazette. He also claimed that the law he has been charged with violating is "unconstitutionally vague."

Chris tried to use his new complaints to have the charges against him tossed out. We don't exactly see how diminished capacity or a mistake of law could change the fact that he hit and killed a man, and then left the scene of the crime. It seems like a desperate attempt to avoid going to prison for five years, which is what he will be facing if found guilty.

View this post on Instagram

Only a few hours left to buy this awesome t-shirt to support @humanityandhope. It will provide clean water and electricity to people in Honduras. Which is really expensive and really important. @higgins.ben @theyearofelan

A post shared by Chris Soules (@souleschris) on

It's still unclear how the accident happened in the first place. Though opened and half-empty alcohol containers were found in and around Chris' vehicle (which he abandoned at the scene), his lawyers said that two separate urine and blood samples came back negative for alcohol or drugs, after being tested by the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation Crime Lab.

The real problem is that Chris left the scene before police arrived, which is illegal unless the person needed to get help or contact authorities. Chris claims that he only left after contacting police, identifying himself, and trying CPR on Kenneth. After that, he went home and refused to come out of his house until police obtained a warrant, which was several hours after the accident. We're just going to wait and see what happens when the trial goes to court.