It's safe to say that one tweet from Kim Kardashian today is powerful enough to ruin lives (we've seen it happen), but that wasn't always the case. Since the world's most famous sisters have been online for longer than they've been a world famous brand, they have social media skeletons in their closet like the rest of us. After a lot of scrolling, we dug up a few uncomfortable tweets from the early days of the Kardashians (and Jenners, let's be real), when they were still in the first throes of fame.
There was a lot we learned during this venture. There was no shortage of tweets about Kylie's obsession with Robert Pattinson, and during one painfully long stretch of time, Khloé would respond to every single fan that tweeted her (even in 2011, this was overwhelming). And then there was a veritable sea of "can't sleep!" texts courtesy of Kendall, which really precluded what an influence she would be (stick to Instagram, bb). But beyond the fluff, here are just a handful of Kardashian tweets that feel awkward in 2017.
1. That moment when THE Beyoncé made a passing reference to Kim in Cosmopolitan.
And Khloé was fangirling out, like Kim wouldn't be in a forced friendship with Bey in a few years.
2. When Khloé was left without New Year's Eve plans.
There's no effing way a Kardashian would have an open spot on their schedule, although this was before Khloé realized her true power as "The Funny One."
3. When Kim was considering popping by on Chat Roulette.
Truly an online phenomenon for all of five minutes.
4. That time Kourtney expressed her love for Taylor Swift.
Who would guess that Snakey would eventually become Kardashian enemy #1?
5. And Kim proclaimed her undying devotion to Kris Humphries with Britney Spears lyrics.
A sentiment almost as short as their marriage.
6. And when Kim made this adorably dumb tweet while flying with the normals.
We can't stop imagining this poor guy getting stuck next to Kim Kardashian on Jet Blue or whatever.
7. When Kylie walked the runway in Avril Lavigne's fashion show.
Brother Brody Jenner was dating the pop-punker, although even in 2011, it seemed like the golden years of Avril were loooong over.
8. When the sisters revealed their commitment to the McDonald's breakfast menu.
The 2017 version of Khloé Kardashian wouldn't be caught dead downing fast food, let's be real.
9. When Kourtney celebrated Scott's important Twitter milestone.
5000 WHOLE FOLLOWERS, YOU GUYS. He's the most popular girl in school.
10. This, because what the f–k?
Thanks for the biology lesson, Kim.
11. When the idea of getting inked up icked out Kylie.
The youngest sister has a whole collection of tiny tats these days.
12. And finally, this overall unflattering AF group selfie.
The blur! The overexposure! The lack of proper angles! The overall distinct lack of aesthetic! There's no way the reality stars would ever get this real in 2017, but we'll always have the memories…and the receipts.