Disgraced reality star Chris Soules will likely reach a plea agreement within 10 days, attorneys for the former Bachelor have revealed. A court hearing was canceled Tuesday as he continues to negotiate with prosecutors for his involvement in a fatal car crash last year.
Court records show Soules’ attorneys withdrew two court motions on Monday “based upon plea discussions between the parties.” District Court Judge Andrea Dryer granted a new motion by Soules’ defense team to remove his case from the trial docket. A new hearing is set for Nov. 13.
“The parties are presently working on the final details of a plea agreement and should have it completed in the next 10 days,” his motion states.
Judge Dryer granted another motion to cancel some conditions of Soules’ pretrial release. He is now no longer under supervision and will not be required to receive written consent for out of state travel. Previously, he posted a $10,000 cash bond.
Earlier this month, one of Soules’ attorneys, Alfredo Parrish, said that the parties “are pretty close to a resolution” of the case.
The 36-year-old Iowa native was driving his Chevy pickup when he rear-ended a tractor-trailer, sending the vehicle into a ditch. The driver Kenny Mosher, 66, was taken by ambulance to the hospital, where he later died of his injuries. Although Soules called 911, administered CPR, and remained on scene until paramedics arrived, he reportedly left several minutes later.
“We don’t talk much about what happened, per se. I know he’s doing OK,” he told Life & Style last November. “I know he’s been through a lot and feels for the family involved — but I don’t know a ton about the court. I know he’s doing well and moving forward.”
Soules appeared on the hit ABC show back in 2015, where his upbringing as a farmer and his rugged good looks earned him the nickname “Prince Farming.”
Love The Bachelor? Keep up with the drama by joining our Facebook group.