Cory Monteith passed away from a drug overdose.
The actor’s autopsy results are in and allegedly reveal that heroin and alcohol were found in his system.
According to the British Columbia Coroners Service, they're reporting that the Glee star died from a “mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol.”
As Life & Style has reported, Cory was spotted drinking beers with friends at The Shop, a coffee shop and clothing store, in Vancouver, just days before he was found dead in his room at the Fairmont Pacific Room hotel on July 13.
The 31-year-old has a long history of substance addiction and first sought treatment at the age of 19. In late April, he had completed a second stint in rehab.
He revealed that by age 13, he was skipping school to get drunk and smoke marijuana. By 16, his drug habit was “out of control.”
“Anything and everything, as much as possible,” he told Parade magazine in 2011. “I had a serious problem.”
Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!