<p><span></span>Bake like a star this Holiday season by following Backstreet Boys' Howie Dorough's recipe for pecan-filled cookies.</p>
"My favorite Christmas cookie is the pecan-filled holiday cookie. These mini cupcake-shaped cookies are like biting into your own little warm pecan pie," Howie tells Life & Style.
"I love getting together with family during the holidays to make these cookies while listening to music and decorating the Christmas tree."
Check out Howie's famous recipe below!
FOR THE DOUGH:
Half a cup pecans
Half a cup (4 oz.) mascarpone cheese
4 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
Three-quarters of a cup all-purpose flour
A pinch of salt
FOR THE FILLING:
1 large egg
Quarter of a cup packed light-brown sugar
2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
Quarter of a tsp. salt
Three-quarters of a cup pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. To make the dough: Finely grind pecans in a food processor and set aside. Put mascarpone and softened butter into bowl and mix until
blended. Add flour, ground pecans and salt, and mix until dough comes
3. Roll dough into 16 1-inch balls and press into bottoms and up sides of
cups in minimuffin tins.
4. Make the filling: Whisk the egg, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, butter and salt in a small bowl. Stir in chopped pecans. Spoon about one-and-a-half tsps. of filling into each muffin cup.
5. Bake until crust begins to turn golden, about 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Let cool and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
For more celeb cookie recipes, pick up the latest issue of Life & Style on newsstands now!
Photo Credit: Startraks
Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!