A 21-year-old woman is dead after taking diet pills she purchased online, and her mother is left searching for answers over what her daughter actually consumed.
After taking four times the lethal dose of "slimming tablets," Eloise Parry was rushed to the hospital where doctors tried to stabilize her.
“She was literally burning up from within," her mother, Fiona Parry, said in a statement. "As the drug kicked in and started to make her metabolism soar, they attempted to cool her down, but they were fighting an uphill battle."
(Photo Credit: Facebook)
Police believe the pills contained dinitrophenol (also known as DNP), which is a highly toxic industrial chemical.
“We are undoubtedly concerned over the origin and sale of these pills and are working with partner agencies to establish where they were bought from and how they were advertised,” said Chief Inspector Jennifer Mattinson from the West Mercia Police Department in Western England.
“[Eloise] just never really understood how dangerous the tablets that she took were,” Fiona added. “Most of us don’t believe that a slimming tablet could possibly kill us."
Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!