It’s the end of an Upper East Side era.
After five years and six seasons, Gossip Girl is saying goodbye to the TV world tonight in its series finale! We take a look back at our top 10 favorite moments from one of the most scandalous teen shows to hit the small screen.
Sigh, how will we live without our weekly fix of Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick) and Nate Archibald (Chace Crawford)?
From Dan Humphrey (Penn Badgley) losing his dream girl, Serena van der Woodsen (Blake Lively), while their parents got together to Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester) and Chuck’s intense breakups and makeouts, see if your fave moment made our list below:
1) Limousine LoveIt took the entire first season, from the Kiss on the Lips party to the first masquerade ball, for Blair and Chuck to realize they’re perfect for each other – and to consummate their love in the back of Chuck’s limo!
2) Georgina ArrivesThe dastardly Georgina Sparks (Michelle Trachtenberg) comes to the Upper East Side and turns everything upside down in the first season. From the first time she showed her face, she’s been the girl we love to hate.
3) Bye-bye, Bass?For the midseason finale of the second season, Chuck’s dad, Bart Bass, died in a car accident – or did he? It isn’t until the end of the fifth season that his secret – and his casket – is uncovered!
4) Sibling RivalryIn the third season, Serena and Dan have broken up, but their parents, Lily van der Woodsen (Kelly Rutherford) and Rufus Humphrey (Matthew Settle), respectively, are together! And it turns out the old lovers have a long-lost son named Scott, who makes things extra awkward for everyone.
GALLERY: The Gossip Girl stars say goodbye
5) Three’s Not a CrowdIn the season-three episode that nearly got pulled off the air for scandalous content, Dan and Vanessa Abrams (Jessica Szohr) have a ménage à trois with guest star Hilary Duff. Leave it to Gossip Girl to always push boundaries!
6) Pregnant and a PrincessThe fourth season ended with Blair dating a prince – and taking a pregnancy test. The cliffhanger left us talking all summer long, until the NYC elite returned for a royal wedding of their own.
7) Sticks and StonesIt looks like words can cut deep! When Dan writes a scathing book giving an “inside” look at his friends’ dirtiest secrets, he alienates everyone he loves in the process.
8) Marilyn and Audrey and Georgina, Oh My!For the 100th episode, B and S pay tribute to Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe in a spectacular song and dance tribute. Oh, and don’t forget, we also find out the identity of Gossip Girl…Georgina (for now)!
9) The Odd CoupleIn the fifth season, Blair’s long since moved on from her prince not-so-charming, but with Lonely Boy Dan? The duo had matching intellectual levels, at least, and we loved when Dan brought his lady a princess dress and tiara for a day of dress-up – aww!
10) Business BlundersNate goes to jail for finance lies and Blair’s fashion show flops in the sixth season. We love to watch them squirm but hope they pull it together tonight!
NEWS: Will pregnant Kristen Bell cameo on the Gossip Girl finale?
Rumors of wedding bells precede tonight’s conclusion to Gossip Girl, but are they for Serena and Dan or Chuck and Blair? They can’t be for Dan and Blair, right? And what about poor Nate? Find out if they find happiness at last – or what schemes foil them – in the finale!
The series finale of Gossip Girl airs on Dec. 17 at 8 p.m. ET on the CW. And if you're on Twitter, be sure to follow the show's costume designer, Eric Daman @EricDaman_Style as he tweets about the last episode and reflects on the past six seasons. You know you love it – and want to watch it.
TAKE OUR POLL: Will you watch the Gossip Girl finale?
Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!