Girls everywhere, be on ALERT!
A woman in Kentucky claims she acquired a nasty infection after wearing a glittery hair tie on her wrist. Doctors told Audree Kopp that bacteria from the band likely entered through her pores and hair follicles.
RELATED: Kylie Jenner Says She Hates Wearing Makeup
"I didn't believe it at first," she told WLKY. "I thought that it was a spider bite, or something else, not from wearing hair ties."
The hair tie Kopp says caused the red bump. (Photo Credit: WLKY)
Kopp's physician, Dr. Amit Gupta of Norton Healthcare, initially gave her antibiotics for the growing bump on her wrist, but ultimately decided that she needed the abscess drained.
"Be careful," Gupta warned. "I mean, you can't put all these hair ties around the wrist particularly because it can cause problems to the skin."
RELATED: This Model Has Spent $120K on Plastic Surgery Procedures to Look Like Jessica Rabbit
Kopp said she's lucky to have caught the infection early. "Once it gets into your bloodstream, people have been known to go into a coma," she wrote in a Facebook post. "I want to inform everyone to make sure no one else has to go thru (sic) this. The GLITTER tie is the one that caused the issue."
Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!